Sometimes having a tough day leaves you exhausted, as well as after surgery or dehydration brought on by hot, humid conditions. IV fluid or vitamin therapy is the easiest way to recover your strength from dehydration. Additionally, it is the quickest, fastest, and most effective method of giving the body the required fluids. But not everyone who is dehydrated needs to go to the doctor for an IV drip.
Medical professionals treat dehydrated patients to an advanced level with IV drips and vitamin treatment for a quick boost in energy. Additionally, it is effective and beneficial for those who are experiencing signs of heat exhaustion or individuals who are fainting.
Duration of IV therapy when hydrated
Iv drip therapy can take an hour or more, whereas an IV catheter will immediately deliver fluid to the vein. As we all know, water is an essential element in every cell in our bodies. Because they are made up of about 60% water, we become dehydrated when we do not have enough water in our bodies. Patients need IV fluid therapy when they become dangerously dehydrated.
Having an IV During Surgery
Every year, many healthcare providers perform inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures, and intravenous (IV) therapy is a crucial component of surgical procedures. Moreover, physicians and nurses use IV therapy to administer anesthesia, pain medications, antibiotics, and other vital fluids.
During surgery, having an IV allows providers to deliver emergency drugs quickly and efficiently when needed. IV fluid therapy helps maintain a patient’s hydration, electrolyte, and blood sugar levels while undergoing surgical procedures.
Severe medical conditions may occur when you:
- Severe vomiting and diarrhea
- Extensive workout or spending too much time in the heat without drinking enough water
- Have a severe injury
- Have surgery
IV fluid Therapy for Malnutrition
When patients have malnutrition due to problems, they need instant IV drip therapy to regain the essential elements of the body. Patients severely impacted by eating disorders, dysphagia, or difficulty swallowing may also experience malnutrition. Moreover, Partial and Total parenteral nutrition (TPN) are feeding methods that supply some or all of a patient’s daily nutritional requirements through an IV.
When do you need IV drip therapy:
- Balance of essential minerals and electrolytes
- Cognitive (mental) performance.
- Strengthens the level of energy
- Improves gastrointestinal function
- Reliefs the frequency and intensity of Headache
- It helps many organs to make their performance better (kidneys, heart, and brain).
- It helps in improving physical activities
- It keeps the skin fresh and healthy.
Symptoms of when you need IV fluid therapy
Some Signs that show you have severe dehydration include:
- Dizziness and weakness.
- Dry eyes, lips, and tongue.
- Dry, wrinkly, or blotchy skin.
- The fast pace of breathing.
- Cold hands and feet
- Less urination than usual
- Dark yellow urine with a pungent smell.
IV Therapy for Emergency Medication
In emergencies, the immediate administering of IV fluid and vitamin therapy is necessary to combat a patient’s dire conditions. Some cases in which a patient may receive emergency medication, blood, or fluids through intravenous treatment include:
- Heart Attack
- Excessive bleeding or loss of fluids
- Anaphylaxis is a severe allergic reaction
- Sedation to administer emergency treatment
IV drip and Vitamin therapy in Dubai
If you need IV Fluid and Vitamin therapy Dubai, Contact Call Doctor 800 200400. Their professional nursing staff and physicians will visit you in your home hotel and office to provide adequate medical services.