Embedding or adding a PDF is quite common on WordPress websites but it is not an easy job. Adding pages, images, posts in PDF to your WordPress site is quite useful and this is because it helps visitors read, save and even print the files directly from your site. Now not every type of content should be added in the PDF format to your site so you must first consult experts about the kind of content that you be preferably added in PDF.
Restaurant menus, eBooks, academic course material and tour itineraries are some of the common examples of content that you can add in PDF into your WordPress site. If you have this kind of content in word or any other format then you need to make sure that you use the online PDF converter free tools to get them changed into PDF.
If you don’t have much knowledge about embedding a PDF file into word then you need to read on this post. Here we have discussed the top way to embed a PDF file in your WP website.
Use default WordPress plug-in to embed PDF files
If you are new WordPress site developer then we would suggest you to use WordPress plugins to add PDF into the site. The reason that we suggest this method to rookies is because it is very easy and quick. Now you can find hundreds of plugins available for WordPress that can help you with easy embedding. Some of the WordPress plugins we would suggest you to use are:
- If you want to upload a PDF and enter it straight into your site then you can use the PDF Embedder free plug-in.
- Embed PDF view is the free plug-in which is used to upload a PDF file from a third party site or from your local media library.
- Next is the premium plug-in PDF viewer for WordPress. This plug-in has tons of impressive features with the help of which you can add the PDF file as per your choice. You can see advanced control options, powerful panel for admins and also Google tracking features on this plug-in.
All of these three plugins are commonly being used today for entering PDF files into WordPress. Still we would recommend you the first one which is PDF Embedder. This is an absolutely free plug-in which can enter any PDF file straight into your site. This plug-in uses Java script to further help you customize the appearance of your document.
The best thing about this plug-in is that it allows you to display the PDF file in its original size. Now you don’t have to worry about the display size of your PDF file if it is too big. If the file size is big then the PDF Embedder can make it fit with the available width. If you want to set the height, width or length of the PDF file then you can also do it with this plug-in. The simple steps that you need to follow are:
- First you need to install the PDF Embedder for your WordPress site. You can easily find it in the plug-in search feature of your WordPress site.
- After installation you need to configure the settings from the setting board. Here you can set the size of the PDF file that you want to set as default, you can set the location of the toolbar or you can also choose whether you want the toolbar to hover or be permanently visible.
- Once the setting has been saved you can use the uploading options of the Embedder to enter the file into your site. The plug-in would guide you on how and where to display the PDF.
What are the benefits of embedding PDF files in WordPress website?
There are many benefits of uploading or embedding PDF on your WP site. Here we have listed a few pros for your knowledge:
- PDF files are quite interactive and dynamic so the visitor would not be able to tell the difference between the file and the standard web page. You can offer direct experience of the file to the user. This would add to the user friendliness of your site.
- You can easily offer samples of products and services to the end user. For instance if you are offering content writing services then you can attach writing samples on the WordPress site. This would help the user know what they are going to get in return of what they would be paying.
- Embedding PDF files on your site has the biggest advantage that you can reuse documents as an element of the site without worrying about plagiarism. You can save time by adding the PDF file again instead of creating new content.
- By the PDF embedding feature you can easily add essays, paper, reports and much more without reproducing them in the textual format.
Still if you want to extract content from a PDF file to directly add it on your site then you can use the online PDF to word converter tools.